It’s Still On: Singles spill on longing hook-up, threesomes, more dating
News provided by
Jan 31, 2017, 07:01 ET
Share this article
DALLAS , Jan. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — OurTime, the largest dating community for singles aged 50 and over, today released findings from its fresh survey, It’s Still On: Dating After 50, which studies how this diverse, rapidly-growing singles group views love, dating and hook-up in today’s modern dating landscape. The survey exposes their sexual appetites and level of satisfaction, dating habits and preferences, common misconceptions about 50+ singles, and their current outlook on life compared to when they were junior and single.
Contrary to popular belief, the survey finds that singles over 50 are very interested in being sexually active and social. Key takeaways from the survey include:
- Misconception: Half of singles over 50 agree that the largest misconception about them is that they are NOT interested in hook-up (50%). Other misconceptions include that they are not open to fresh practices (46%), their health is deteriorating (45%), they are lonely/less social (44%), and they have a negative outlook/not glad (38%).
- A smooch is just a smooch: 53% of singles over 50 feel it is adequate to smooch someone after one date.
- Fortunate 7: 51% of singles over 50 are NOT pleased with their hookup lives. In fact, 69% of singles would like to be going on 2-4 dates each month, and ideally 50+ singles would like to have hookup 7 times a month.
- Keeping open minds: When it comes to dating and relationships, 45% of 50+ singles say they’re open to having a “friends with benefits” relationship, and 27% are open to having a one-night stand. They are also open to dating numerous people at a time (20%) and having threesomes (16%).
- Insane by Nature: 21% of 50+ singles have gone to someone’s house to “witness a movie” and ended up having hook-up. Additionally, 23% of 50+ singles have cheated on someone, and 17% have ghosted others. Almost one third (32%) of 50+ singles have dated numerous people at a time.
- Sext please: Almost 20% of singles 50+ have taken a nude photo of themselves but even more surprising, 66% of those singles have collective the photos, with boys doing so more than women (70% vs. 62%).
“Singles over 50 are certain in many areas of their lives including finances, careers and friendships, but are not totally pleased when it comes to their dating and hook-up lives — so much so that many have not been on a date in over Five years,” says Dr. Robi Ludwig , relationship experienced and author of Your Best Age is Now. “Still, singles in midlife are primed to get back out there because they know who they are and what they want and have positive perspectives on life.”
Extra key takeaways from the survey include:
LOOKING FOR LOVE
Singles over 50 are jumpy about dating but want to get back out there in the hopes of finding love
Finding love: 50+ singles are hopeful! Almost ? (72%) of singles over 50 say they’re open to finding love in the future.
Guys are hopeful: Studs are more hopeful about finding love than are women (76% vs. 69%)! They are also looking for romantic companionship more than women over 50 (19% vs. 12%).
Dating drought: Singles over 50 are looking for love but almost half of them haven’t been on a date in over Five years (46%) and over half of 50+ singles say their last relationship was over Five years ago (56%).
Dating dilemmas: 50+ singles agree that the top Trio most difficult aspects of dating after 50 are finding someone to date (61%), asking someone out on a date (38%), and getting to know someone before asking them out on a date (33%). More than ? (38%) are jumpy about a very first smooch or sign of affection during the date. A quarter of singles (25%) feel that they aren’t dating because they don’t believe anyone is out there for them and 22% just don’t know where to begin.
Wedding bells: Almost 40% of 50+ singles agree that they still want to get married!
Dating deal breakers: While love and marriage are on the mind, deal breakers do exist for this group. The top Trio dating deal breakers for 50+ singles are someone who smokes (70%), someone who is not financially stable (63%), and someone who is pessimistic (58%). Only 6% find someone who was never married a deal breaker.
Quiet on “cougar”: 67% of 50+ single females agree that they would not find it flattering to be called a “cougar.”
UNLIKE PEOPLE IN THEIR 20S, 50+ SINGLES KNOW WHAT THEY WANT
Singles over 50 know what they’re looking for in life and in potential fucking partners now more than ever
Eye on the prize: Over half of 50+ singles say they know exactly what they want when it comes to relationships (55%) and they know what they DON’T want when looking for someone to date (73%).
Better at dating now: Compared to when they were in their 20s, 65% of 50+ singles say they have a deeper appreciation for relationships now, are better playmates now (61%), are pickier now about who they want to date (63%), say it’s lighter now to figure out if the person is right for them sooner (57%), and say they’re better at hook-up now (31%).
Top fucking partner attributes: The top Three attributes that are more significant in a fucking partner for 50+ singles now compared to when they were in their 20s are: health (31%), finances (30%), and outlook on life (29%).
Advice not welcome: 81% of 50+ singles DON’T seek dating advice from others.
Have it all together: Almost ? of 50+ singles say their finances (34%) and career (27%) are all much better now compared to when they were in their 20s.
Perspective on life: 25% of 50+ singles say they have a much better outlook on life now compared to when they were in their 20s. They are also more certain now (63%).
Leave behind regrets: One in four people 50+ say they have no dating regrets (25%) and 44% of people 50+ don’t have any sexual regrets.
For more detailed examine findings on single Americans over 50 and their dating behavior, needs and trends, and dating site and app usage, visit the OurTime Blog and go after the social conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
News provided by
Jan 31, 2017, 07:01 ET
Share this article
Looking to send a news release with PR Newswire?
Take advantage of the world’s leading distribution platform.