With the holidays coming up, here at Zoosk we’ve all been thinking a lot about what we’re appreciative for (our health, our families, our friends, our dogs, a Dodgers’ World Series loss, the NES Classic Edition) and also about, well, food. And it got us to thinking…, We’ve all heard that sayingВ that the way to a man’s heart is through his belly, but is it indeed true? Does food play a role in the way people feel about each other or about who we’re attracted to?
To get a peek into how significant food is to blossoming love and private relationships we analyzed Trio,733,185 dating profiles and 364,609,566 very first messages to find out how mentioningВ different foods and food-related phrases changesВ online daters’ romantic interactions. In addition, we also surveyed over 7,000 singles to get some insight into how food and dating intersect.
And what we found? In many ways, we are what we eat. Food preferences do have an influence on how we interact with each other romantically. And for the most part, any time food and romance come together itвЂ™s very positive.
Here are the takeaways:
1. Daters’ dearest holiday for food is undoubtedly Thanksgiving
Two. Talking about food in your profile makes you more attractiveВ (but not yams)
Best Foods to Mention in Your Online Dating Profile
Worst Foods to Mention in Your Online Dating Profile
Trio. Protein is the most popular food group
When it comes to food groups, protein is the big winner with 36% more messages than the average.
Most Popular Food Groups Among Online Daters
Other than simply talking about food, mentioning that you’re a foodie or talking aboutВ cooking will also result in more incoming messages. Profiles that contain the word foodie receive 82% more incoming messages, while those who mention the wordВ cook receive 26% more incoming messages.
Five. Talking about food will only help you a littleВ (except for eggplant)
Best Foods to Mention in An Online Dating Message
In fact, some words may even hurt your chances of getting a reply.
Worst Foods to Mention in An Online Dating Message
6. There’s no longer a stigma against vegetarians
7. Getting quick food on a very first date is no problem…, for menВ
The majority of women (59%) have a negative perception of their date when they suggest a fast-food restaurant, whileВ only a quarter of fellows (25%) feel the same way. In addition, 10% of women said goingВ to a fast-food restaurant for a very first date is an instant deal-breaker.
If a date suggests a fast-food restaurant, women said they think:
- TheyвЂ™re cheap: 31%
- TheyвЂ™re unhealthy: 28%
- TheyвЂ™re effortless to please: 12%
- It doesnвЂ™t make a difference (a fast-food restaurant is a totally acceptable suggestion for a very first date): 29%
If a date suggests a fast-food restaurant, boys said they think:
- TheyвЂ™re cheap: 8%
- TheyвЂ™re unhealthy: 17%
- TheyвЂ™re effortless to please: 27%
- It doesnвЂ™t make a difference (a fast-food restaurant is a totally acceptable suggestion for a very first date): 48%
If a date takesВ themВ to a fast-food restaurant, women said they:
- Silently judge them, but give them a chance: 31%
- Don’tВ judge them, a fast-food restaurant is totally okay for a very first date: 34%
- Suggest they go to another place instead: 25%
- Make an excuse to end the date (itвЂ™s a deal-breaker): 10%
If a date takesВ themВ to a fast-food restaurant, boys said they:
- Silently judge them, but give them a chance: 17%
- Don’t judgeВ them, a fast-food restaurant is totally okay for a very first date: 55%
- Suggest they go to another place instead: 25%
- Make an excuse to end the date (itвЂ™s a deal-breaker): 3%
8. Sorry, Aziz, the Entire Foods line doesn’t truly work
Since the display went live in May, boys have sentВ Trio,646 messagesВ using the now-famous line. However, the reply rate was the same as the average. That means,В if you’re a fellow attempting to spark up a conversation with a woman on a dating app, it doesn’t help to ask her what sheВ wants from Entire Foods, but doesn’t hurt either.
Women, however, have had some success with the line. However there have been a very a puny amount of women attempting it out (only 49 messages since May) their reply rate was 31% above the average.
9. Seafood is the most popular food to eat on a date
Other joy facts?
– Fellows would choose to ‘,meat’ their date at a Texas Roadhouse. Steak is 7% more popular with studs than women.
– Millennials voted sushi as their dearest date-night food.
Ten. But stay away from the buffalo wings and ribs
When asked what foods they avoid on dates, 23% of online daters said buffalo wings or ribs. Other unpopular date-night foods are Indian food and anything that’s hard to pronounce.
Worst FoodsВ to Eat on a Date
11.В Chocolate covered strawberries are the sexiest food
Comments are closed
How to Date When You Hate Dating
7 Truths About Divorce No One Tells You (But You Need To Know)
The 14 Dating Statistics All Singles Need to Know
©, Copyright 2007 – 2017 Zoosk, Inc. All rights reserved.